Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Diabetic Mellitus



It’s hard if one of your family members is sick. My grandmother sister is suffering from kidney failure. In 1995 she was diagnosed with diabetic mellitus, she was having on and off medication due to lack of financial resources. Years been passed and now she’s suffering too many complication, heart and kidney failure, etc... It’s heartbreaking to see her in her state right now. She has difficulty in urinating, I injected her furosemide amp 20mg, and she had an output for 24 hours of 500 ml good enough at least. The doctor advised her to undergo dialysis, however she frequently refused it. My mother asked me to convince my grandmother to undergo dialysis; she told me the reason why she was hesitant to undergo because of financial problem, so I told her that my mom will give an aid on her dialysis, and then my grandmother gave in. Last Monday we went to the hospital for her check-up and get a schedule for her dialysis. Hopefully next week she could undergo on peritoneal dialysis.  

No comments:

Post a Comment